Our pain management techniques focus on your mind and body. We strive:
- To give patients a feeling of competence in the execution of positive strategies in the management of their condition from water to a land-based environment.
- To help patients develop a positive attitude with regard to exercise and personal health management.
- To help patients develop a program of paced activity to reduce the effects of physiological deconditioning.
- To assist the patient in developing coping strategies that can be continued once contact with the clinician has been established.
- To challenge and reduce patient’s fears of engaging in physical activity.
- To reduce physical impairment and capitalize on recoverable function.
- To increase physical activity in a safe and graded manner.
- To help patients accept responsibility for increasing their functional capacity.
- To promote a positive view of physical therapy in the self-management of a healthy lifestyle.
- To introduce challenging functional activities to rehabilitation.